Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
Plans, Options and Benefits
Humana Medicare supplement is one of the best Medicare supplement plans and is available in many states. They offer not only supplemental Medicare insurance, but also Medicare Part D.
Humana Medicare supplement is one of the best Medicare supplement plans and is available in many states. They offer not only supplemental Medicare insurance, but also Medicare Part D. This can significantly cut your out of pocket drug costs.
The Humana company has been around for over 50 years. Founded in 1961, it currently has over 11.5 million members and over 26,000 employees. They are a Fortune 100 company with an A- (excellent) rating from A.M. Best Company, an independent company that rates insurance providers.
Humana Medicare supplement plans include plans A, B, C, F, K and L. For a review on what each of those plans provide, please refer to the article on
Understanding Medicare Supplement Plans.
All of these plans come with a different premium and out-of-pocket maximum expense. Your premiums will vary depending on your age, where you live, which plan you choose and your gender.
Remember, the best time to sign up for supplemental Medicare insurance is within the first 6 months after you become eligible for benefits. During that open enrollment time, you must be accepted despite any health issues and your benefits will not be stopped provided you continue to pay your premiums.
Humana Medicare Supplement Plans
Below is a very brief review of each of the Medicare supplement plans that Humana offers. For an in depth review of any terminology and what each benefit means, refer to the article on
Supplemental Medicare Insurance.
- Plan A : This is the "base" plan of all supplemental Medicare plans. It covers hospitalizations and most medical expenses related to physician services.
- Plan B : This covers everything in Plan A, as well as your Medicare Part A deductible.
- Plan C : In addition to what Plan A and B covers, Plan C also covers emergency care abroad, Part A & B deductibles and also skilled nursing care coinsurance.
- Plan F : This plan covers everything that Plan A, B, and C offers. In addition, it also covers 100% of Medicare Part B excess charges. Humana also offers a high deductible Plan F, which can lower your premiums.
- Plans K, L and N : These plans cover a variety of medical services, but are lower premium plans because they pay only a percentage of some services and you pay the rest. They also have a maximum yearly out of pocket limit.
If you choose Humana Medicare supplement, you will be pleased to find out that they offer several other options for you as well, all under the umbrella of Humana Inc. Humana, Inc is one of the largest publicly trades health benefits companies. They offer many different health benefit options beyond just supplemental Medicare insurance. Some of these other benefits include:
- Medicare Part D : Either bought separately or in addition to your Humana Medicare supplement plans, Humana offers a Part D Prescription Drug Coverage.
- Medicare Advantage : This is a replacement for traditional Medicare and includes the Part D option covering prescription drugs.
- Dental Coverage : They offer 5 different dental plans, 4 that are solely dental and one in combination with a vision plan.
- Vision Coverage : Two different plans are offered, one independent and one in combination with their dental plan.
- Caregiver Option : This is an online support option that can help guide you through the tough times of being a primary caregiver.
- Fitness Options : Gives you a discount on fitness memberships to help keep you healthy and fit
- Independent Life Option : This option provides you with a home monitoring system and also provides up to 50 miles of transportation a month. This can be extremely beneficial if you live alone and need to see your physician often.
Not all options are available in all states, and most have a separate premium that you have to pay. Some are only included in their Medicare Advantage plan. But these are all options that may be beneficial to you and that you may want to have in place.
Because they offer so many options, choosing Humana Medicare supplement plans to meet your needs may be the best choice for you. You can find out if they are available in your state and contact them directly through their website at
Return from Humana Medicare to Medicare Benefits
Go to Elder Home Care Help Home Page
Go to Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement
Go to AARP Medicare Supplements
Go to Medicare Donut Hole
Tips for Choosing the Best Medicare Supplement